Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 Day Two


I thought I would try the Perfect Pearls technique from Jennifer McGuire's video, but then discovered I actually had PearlEx.  They are not exactly the same, but close.  I decided to do try the PearlEx, and then looked for a background stamp to use.  I didn't find a reverse background stamp, but did find a pretty sea shell background stamp I had forgotten I had.

I used VersaMark to ink up my stamp, which was made up of various sea shells for the background.  I then applied the PearlEx, and used hairspray as a fixative.The photos do not do this justice.






 The first photo isn't very good, but does show the shiny gold where the flash hit it.  In real life the whole front has nice shiny gold highlights.










The second photo doesn't show the shine as well, but you can actually see the whole stamp.  I accidentally got my thumb on the VersaMark and rubbed off a bit on one of the shells on the right edge, but that will be covered by the sentiment--as soon as I decide what sentiment I want to use!



I'm really enjoying this class, as I have all of the classes I've taken from OnlineCardClasses.com.  They are just chock full of different ideas, and are clearly explained!  They also include helpful hints that make it easier to use the techniques in my own cards.


Here's a photo of the updated card with sentiment and ribbon.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Unless you point it out, i don't think anyone would notice the smudged bit.

adele holcomb said...

I bet this is stunning in real life -- great subject matter for the PearlEx treatment.

adele holcomb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marj said...

Thanks for your comments. I like the way the PearlEx looks, glad I tried this technique!