Monday, August 11, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2, Day 7

I thought I'd try the random background stamping from Debby's video today.  I'm not really sure I like what I did, but I tried a smaller stamp that wasn't so bold for the background.  I might try it again later with a larger, bolder stamp.

I stamped the background with Hero Arts Soft Pool and Pale Tomato (I also did a second stamping with this without re-inking my stamp), and Momento London Fog (also did a second stamping with this ink).  I used Momento Tuxedo Black for my over-stamping of the sentiment. 

I added a black and white polka dot ribbon for interest.  I first added the ribbon at the top of the stamping (first photo), but it just didn't seem to look right.  I removed it, and was just going to go with the plain stamping, but decided to try it first on the bottom of the card (second photo).  I liked this so better.  I will be adding a few embellishments--as soon as I find my little box of embellies that has gone missing! 










I then popped it up on a slightly larger piece of red card stock, off center.  The whole thing was then attached to the white card base. 


No comments: