Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2, Day 8

More great ways to use graphic stamps in today's lesson!  I really like Kelly's idea of using graphic stamps for a border, so combined that with Nichol's idea of a window card.  This is what I came up with--I used Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade and stamped my graphic rounded diamond on to a strip of white card stock, and also used the ink to color a strip of white card stock.  I then over-stamped the rounded diamond with a heart in Momento Tuxedo Black.

I die cut a window on a separate piece of white card stock a little narrower than the card front.  I attached the stamped strip to the left hand side of the card base, then centered my colored strip under the die cut window and attached the strip to the card front.  I stamped my sentiment in Momento Tuxedo Black.  I then popped up the card stock with the window, and called it good--for now.




I think the front needs a little something more, but I'm not sure what.  Maybe a ribbon and bow?  Black or yellow?  Or maybe I should do some yellow and black spatters?  Or maybe stamp some of the hearts in yellow and black randomly on the card front?  Maybe I'll just leave it the way it is.  I'm going to spend a few days thinking about it before I make up my mind. 

No comments: