Monday, August 11, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2, Day 6


Wow, I've learned so much in this class!  Although I'm not surprised, as I've also learned a lot in each of the other onlinecardclasses.com classes I've taken!

When I watched the video by Laura, I really liked the idea of stamping a little off center, and while I loved her tags, I wanted to do a card, so I combined these two ideas in a way.

I die cut a piece of white card stock, and I stamped the floral design off center with black Momento ink.  My original plan was to color the flowers with Copic markers like Laura had done on her tag, but decided instead to just blend some ink around the edges (after putting the die cut back in the die) with Salty Ocean Distress Ink.  I then mounted it offset to another die cut, this time in black card stock.

A small sentiment stamped in black Momento ink on white, then mounted on black card stock, was popped up for a little dimension.




I added the whole thing to a white card base, also popped up.  I really liked how this one turned out, which is completely different then my original plan! 

Update:  A few days after posting this, I added a little color by dotting Atyou Spica  Sky Blue in the little circles in th middle of each flower, then used my brand new, just arrived Zig Wink of Stella brush to highlight all of the petals  Love it!

No comments: