Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 Class Day One, Card 2



After making the first card from Kristina's video, I decided to try making a card based on Lisa Spangler's video.  She used VersaMark ink and heat embossed the design, then sprayed the card with gold spray ink.  She then removed the embossed areas.

I stamped and embossed my background design, then sprayed it with a red spray ink.  When I lightly wiped the surface to remove the ink from the embossing, it spread the ink around, and when it dried it was very dull looking.  I decided to spray it again with a gold spray ink.  I was much more pleased with how this turned out.


2nd card from 1st day of class





I followed her directions on how to leave enough room for your sentiment, stamped it on black card stock with VersaMark and used gold embossing powder, and it came out pretty well.  Due to my embossed background design being slightly warped, I taped it directly to the black as oppsed to popping it up as Lisa had done.  I then taped the whole thing to a red card.  I'm pretty pleased with this card, although I know there is a lot of room for improvement!

3 comments:

Jameela said...

I don't have any sprays, but i like your idea, heat emboss it with gold. I'll try it.
Thank you for the inspiration, and a beautiful card!

chera said...

fun background !

Marj said...

Thanks for the comments! I'm really enjoying this class!