Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 Class Day One

I signed up for an online card making class called Stretch Your Stamps 2.  I've taken several other classes from OnlineCardClasses.com and have learned so much from each of them.  I've been looking forward to the start of this class for weeks.

The first day of class was about using background stamps, and different ways to use them.  Kristina Werner's video intrigued me as she used watercolors on the design after she had heat embossed it, and I decided to try it as I've never used watercolors before, but had some on hand.  I didn't use a full background stamp, but used a border stamp by Paper Smooches to mimic one.  I had a lot of trouble lining up the stamp for the repeats when I used VersaMark ink, so I switched to white pigment ink, and for some reason the embossing powder didn't seem to be working well. I'm not sure if the ink was sticky enough.

I then decided to just go with Momento black ink on white cardstock, and then to use the watercolor paint to add color.  This worked out a little better, except the black ink smeared a little with the watercolors.  Still, not too bad as a learning experience.

2nd attempt using watercolors with background stamp

No comments: