Monday, September 21, 2015

Day One--last experiment

I decided to try the dots technique with my distress markers, and made several dots with peeled paint, squeezed lemonade, and tumbled glass. When I spritzed them, the peeled paint seem to take over the other colors, with the tumbled glass all but disappearing and the squeezed lemonade in the background after drying.

Since the distress ink can continue to react with water, I decided to add a few dots with worn lipstick, additional tumbled glass, and a little more squeezed lemonade.  After I spritzed it again, the different colors were more noticeable, but I still thought they were a little less blended than I wanted when they dried.













My next move was to get a large brush, wet slightly with water, and run across the paper from the left side to the right several times going down the paper and blending the colors more.  I rather like how it finally turned out, and think it will make an interesting background.


No comments: