Monday, September 21, 2015

Another card from my Day One experiments






I took another of my first day experiments, which I didn't think turned out very well originally.  By turning it upside down, I thought it looked like a beautiful sunset, so stamped some trees in Onyx Black Versafine Ink.  I trimmed off some of the watercolor card where it had pilled before stamping, and then matted the card with black card stock. 

I had to do quite a bit of touching up on the bottom of my stamping, where I apparently hadn't pushed down on the stamp enough, but I think it turned out pretty well.

I was going to make this into a sympathy card, but I'm not sure if it is a little too bright for that.  I'm going to give it some thought.  Maybe I'll make it a thinking of you or missing you card.  The sentiment will go at the top, I think, although I left a little room on the bottom for a small sentiment if I want to go that way.

No comments: