Saturday, September 26, 2015

Another card with watercolor pencils

Using a few stamps from Peachy Keen Stamps' Lisa Jean Halloween set, I made a little Halloween scene with matching sentiment.  After stamping with VersaMark, I embossed with Zing! Opaque Black embossing powder.

My watercolor paper warped some during the heating process, but I managed to mostly flatten it out again before attempting my water coloring.  I used Derwent Inktense pencils, and tried to use a light touch, and it seemed to go okay.

I was attempting to do a little shading, and it was a little harder than I had hoped.  The cauldron didn't come out exactly as I had pictured it, but I guess it isn't too bad.  I thought the face turned out pretty well, but it doesn't show that much in the photo.  In real life, you can see it is darker around the edges, and lighter in the middle.


No comments: