Monday, September 21, 2015

Class--Day One, Markers, continued.

I continued my experiment with the cheap markers I had.  I used a yellow-green marker at the top, followed by a yellow marker, then an orange marker, and at the bottom a red marker.  These markers did not have any type of brush tip, just the standard marker tip, although slightly rounded.

They reacted to the water similarly to the distress markers, although the yellow-green and yellow lost a lot of color when wet (and there was not much difference between these two when dry, either).  The orange seemed to spread into them a bit from the water, and everything ended up with a orange-red color, the yellow barely noticeable, and the green not at all as a green color, but appears to be more of a yellow.


I also noted that the markers seemed to be rough on the paper, with some pilling at the top while trying to color the yellow-green and, to a lesser degree, the yellow.  I hadn't noticed that with the distress markers.

No comments: