Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Another card from Day One

This was made from the second watercolor strips card I made on the first day of class, and I was hoping it would turn out a lot better than the first one I'd done, as I was using a better watercolor paper.  However, I couldn't really see all that much difference, and so I was a little disappointed.









Looking at it, I thought I'd cut it down into a circle and stamp a flower on it.  Using the Simon Says Stamp largest Stitched Circles die, I cut out a nicely colored section of the strips.  I then used Onyx Black VersaFine Ink to stamp the flower stamp on the circle.  I attached it to the center of a white A2 card base.

When I stamped the Thinking of You I tried to curve it a little to match the curve at the bottom of the circle die cut, without being too obvious about it.  I think it turned out pretty well.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

This is beautiful. Love how the background looks and the flower stamped in black sets off the colors perfectly.

Contagiously Crafty said...

I find your card inspiring. Nice job on the finish. I can't wait to see what else you make in the water color class.

Marj said...

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate them.