Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Copic Markers for Card Makers Day 7

Another interesting day.  Sandy showed us different ways of coloring things with white, red and black.  I tried out the white using grays for the shadows on my flower.  The first one I think the darkest gray was too intense, so I did it again with a slightly less deep gray, and liked it much more.  I also had a little trouble with the reds, as my reds tend to be more toward the pinks, but I tried with what I had. 

I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out.  I also experimented with some different greens on the leaf and stem, and I thought that was interesting, too. 

Sandy did a bonus video, and I was really pleased with how she taught the flicking method.  She demonstrated what was meant by sweeping, and I also noticed she uses the side of her marker when she flicks.  I'm going to have to try that later.


2 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Nice coloring Marj. I didn't finish this class and homework til last week.

Marj said...

Thanks Cat. I enjoyed learning the different ways of coloring, with each teacher having their own way of doing things!