Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Copic Markers for Card Makers Day 2

The first video was by Jennifer.  She showed us the technique of touching the tip of the lighter marker to the tip of the darker marker to get your own medium shade, which is effective if you're trying to blend to different color families together.

Laura Bassen showed us how to scribble one marker on an acrylic block, and to use another marker to pick up some of the color to get an in-between shade to blend.  The results look to be similar to the tip to tip method.

Kathy Racoosin showed the technique of using feathering to blend two separate colors together.

Here is my practice sheet.  I didn't really care for the colors I used in the last butterfly.  And I didn't do a good job of shading.  I can see I'm really going to have to work on the feathering technique.


No comments: