Tuesday, February 14, 2017

SOA Perfect Reason Collection First Cards

My Collection arrived a few days ago, and today I got the chance to play with it.  I decided to start pretty simply, just to get used to the new ink I also ordered from Catherine Pooler.  I wanted to see how well it blended for me, so started off by blending Something Borrowed, Aquatini, Lime Rickey and Grass Skirt diagonally through the Mod Squared Stencil included in the Perfect Reason Collection.

It seemed to blend pretty easily, and looked good when I was done.  I matted it with white card stock I had colored around the edges with Lime Rickey, leaving a small border of 1/8 inch. I then cut it in half diagonally, resulting in a mostly green half, and a mostly blue half.  Attached them to card fronts at an angle, trimming off the overhang, then stamping with a sentiment from the You Did It Stamp Set included in the collection.  Using the stars stamp from the same set, I stamped them in colors matching the stenciled section.  On the inside I stamped You Are Fabulous, from the same set.

I think they turned out pretty nicely, and will make nice graduation cards or will be good to congratulate any one for their success.


No comments: