Sunday, February 12, 2017

Back to blogging

The holidays are over, and hopefully everything else that was keeping me busy for the last few weeks!  I have managed to do a little crocheting, but the card making was a little more difficult to slide into my schedule, but now I'm able to do some!

I've been working on a couple of cards for our card making day. My daughter, daughter-in-law, and I have an Etsy shop where we sell our hand crafted card creations. Once a month or so (skipping November and December), we try to get together to make cards.  We each design 2 cards, and provide the materials for them.  When we get together, we each make one of each of the cards up.  It's a lot of fun seeing what each of us has come up with.



Sometimes we come up with an idea we all try to work with, like a sketch we've found online or in a magazine, sometimes a theme, like birthday or love, and sometimes color ideas.  This month we did a color idea, using a bright pink, aqua blue, white, and light and dark gray. My first card was a Miss You card.  The inside says You make me smile. You can't really tell in this photo, but the hearts have a little Wink of Stella glitter on them, really looks sharp in real life!

We thought it would be cute to add a little decoration to the envelope, too.



No comments: