Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Sparkle & Shine--Day 2

Day 2 in this class is all about foiling!  Thank heavens, as I was really tired of the glitter mess I was making.  Guest artist Julie Eversole made the first video for today, using adhesives, both dry and liquid, to attach the foil to her card.

For my card today, I laid a strip of double-sided tape on the left hand side of my card front, then laid some lovely purple foil on top, burnished it with my finger, and voila!  a lovely shiny purple strip on my card front.  I cut another piece of white cardstock to about 4 inches by 5 1/2 inches, and ran a border die along the side.  I then attached this to the card front, with the scalloped border over the purple stripe.  I think it looked pretty good!

I next laid some double-sided tape on a scrap of cardstock, added more purple foil, and die cut our a script hello.  I then glued that down to the front.  I think it worked for a very clean and simple, yet elegant-looking, card.


No comments: