Wednesday, August 26, 2015

SSS September Card kit finally arrived!

I've been getting the Simon Says Stamp Card Making Kit for several months now, and really love all the new ideas I've been getting.  However, I've been a little lax on posting to my blog as my husband and I have been spending a lot of time camping this summer, and there is only Wi-fi at the office and clubhouse.

We're home for a few days, and my September 2015 Card Kit has arrived!  I've already made my first card from the kit, and thought I'd show how it turned out!

The kit came with some acetate sheets in several colors, each with a different design on them.  Never having worked with acetate sheets before, I decided to make a simple card using one.


I cut the green backing card stock (from the kit)  at 5.25 inches by 4 inches, to leave a little of the white card base showing.  I cut the wood grain with white triangles paper (one of the 6x6 papers included in the kit) slightly smaller than the green, and then attached one of the green acetate sheets with silver brads. I then attached the whole topper to the card base with foam tape to pop it up a little.  Super simple card to make!

No comments: