Thursday, August 27, 2015

Another card from the SSS September Card Kit

Thought I'd try the gesso with the stencil that was included in the Simon Says Stamp kit.  I didn't do real well with it, especially in the middle of the card stock strip I was putting it on.  So...I covered up the middle with my sentiment.  I think the card turned out pretty well, considering my mistakes!

I used the gesso and the stencil that was in the kit, and spread it on a 5.25x2.25 inch piece of the light green card stock I had left from my first card.  After letting it air dry, I adhered it to my white card base.  I then stamped the sentiment from the SSS Birthday Bits stamp set included in the kit, die cutting it with a Spellbinders distressed edges die.  I outlined the sentiment with my Pigma micron pen in black, and attached the sentiment with foam tape to make it pop.  I finished off the card by adding a few green and black sequins.



The photo doesn't do the sequins justice.  The green sequins are a little brighter in the photo than in real life, and the two dark sequins are both black and are identical to each other.

1 comment:

maggiesmum said...

love this simple design x