Friday, November 15, 2013

Holiday Card Workshop, Day 3

I liked the concept of the card designed by Shari Carroll, but didn't have the supplies she used.  So I improvised a little.

Instead of using a die to round off the bottom of the overlay, I used a plate, pencil and scissors.  I also didn't have a dotted line stamp, so substituted another strip of designer paper.  I did have a dotted embossing folder, but decided to use it on only half the card front, leaving the other half of the front smooth for my stamp.  I popped the overlay, and also popped the stars, which doesn't really show in the photo, but I think it adds a little pizazz to the card in real life!

The designer paper is from DCWV Winter Wonder Stack, the green star paper and white background card stock is from Michael's, I think,  and the card base was Pure Luxury In the Navy from GinaK Designs.  
The stamp isn't marked, so I'm not sure where it's from, but it's stamped with Momento Paris Dusk.  The star punch is from Marvy Uchida.  The embossing folder is Dotted Swiss by Cuttlebug. 
The inside sentiment is from Stampabilities, and is also stamped with Momento Paris Dusk. 


2 comments:

Gwen said...

Great card! I did the plate, pencil & scissors too! Lol!

Marj said...

Whatever works, works. I seemed to make most of this card improvising as I went along. Glad I'm not the only one!