Thursday, November 14, 2013

Holiday Card Workshop 2013, Day 2

Day 2 of the Workshop, and there were several ideas I loved.  I'm going to be making at least a couple of cards from the ideas.

Thought the inlaid idea was cool, so decided to try it.  Note for next time--don't use overly detailed die, no matter how cute you think it is--don't use shimmery paper that can't be colored over with Copics--don't glue die cuts to fingers (although I do this almost every time, no matter how careful I try to be).

So, here's my take on the idea.  I didn't do all the bits and pieces, just colored the background cardstock behind the main die cut piece.  I actually like how it finally turned out, but probably won't be making this card again!




The paper I used was a shimmery blue, which shows up silvery in the photo (sorry about the photo, but of the 5 photos I took, this was the best).

I used a silver paint pen to color the die cut (after first trying coloring with Copics, then a silver shimmer mist, which explains why the  die cut looks a little frazzled), and on the background card stock

I used a green Copic before sticking down the shimmery blue and then inlaid the (finally) silver tree.  The die was included in the Simply Cards and Papercrafts magazine I just purchased.

1 comment:

Sharon Underwood said...

Oh, wow, I'm going to have to go find that magazine so I can get this fantastic die! Love your card--you did a great job with this!