Thursday, November 21, 2013

Holiday Card Workshop 2013, Day 5


I've learned a lot of new things in this workshop, and the last lessons were no exception.  Our "homework assignment" was to make two holiday cards, one more masculine, and one more feminine.







I started with the feminine card.  I liked the use of plaid, but didn't have a stencil, so used some plaid paper I had.  I die cut part of a circle from the side, and popped it up on a white card base.  I stamped a sentiment in the opening, and added a little red bling below it.  (Note, while it doesn't look like it in the photos, they are three red rhinestones, all matching in color, two small ones and a larger one--the flash made them look weird lol)  I finished the card off with a sparkly red and gold ribbon.











 I then decided to make an identical card, only making it more masculine looking. I used a kraft card base, and left off the red bling under the sentiment.  I still added a bow, but made it from red and brown twine.  I finished off the card by using a white gel pen around the opening.










Both of the cards

No comments: