Monday, October 03, 2016

Shaped Cards

Taking an online card class called Wild Card, and learning about different types of cards to make.  Lesson one included shaped cards, gate-fold cards, box cards and wobble cards.

I started with the shaped card idea, and made two of them, both the same shape, but used a different stamp on each.

I used my dies to cut out four large labels, and following directions attached the backs to the fronts.  I left the die in place while blending distress inks over card front (mowed lawn on one, and peacock feathers on the other).

I stamped the green one with a trees stamp (Stampin' Up) to make a sympathy card.  I haven't decided whether or not to stamp the front with a "with sympathy stamp", or leave it as is.  For now I'm leaving it.













The second one I blended with Peacock Feathers ink, and thought it came out pretty nicely.  I then stamped it with a bird (Stampin' Up) to fulfill one the World Card Making Day challenges on The Stamp Nation.








Fairly happy with how these came out, although I messed up a little on the blending as I hadn't done it much recently.

Entered this at the World Card Making Challenge at KatScrappiness Blog.


2 comments:

HolyLise said...

Making different shapes for your cards is brilliant! They both look amazing! :)
Thanks for joining us at Kat's challenge - Josefine

Marj said...

Thanks! Glad you like the cards.