Wednesday, May 27, 2015

More masking paper lessons

Well, this didn't go as well as I had hoped.  I die cut a hello from my masking paper, and then tried stamping with little tiny flowers and leaves in the negative area.  Apparently, my hello was too small, and you couldn't tell there were flowers and leaves.  It was more like green and blue blobs.  Then, while removing the mask, I somehow managed to smear blue all over everything.  That card took a quick trip to the waste basket, and I tried again with some little dots.  That didn't work, as they didn't define the edges enough to see what the word was.  That was it for the negative mask, it didn't survive the effort.

I then just put the positive die cut on the front of a card, then just used some Distress Inks to blend around it.  That actually turned out fairly well. 



I'm going to try this technique in the future with a larger die, like the distressed rectangle I used for day one, as soon as I get a little more time.  I'm a little behind on homework for this class, and I want to try some of the other masking techniques before I go back to this one. I'm sure the next time will be much better, as I now know what "not" to do!

2 comments:

craftytreen said...

this is so well done. I love the colors. thanks so much for sharing with us

Marj said...

Thank you, I just wish my other attempts had worked out. I really enjoyed this class.