Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Maskerade Online Card class--Day One

Today's lesson was using masking tape and masking paper on your cards.  My first card for this class included using both the positive and the negative from a sheet of masking paper that had been die-cut, as described in Debbie's video.  I used a die from the Spellbinders A2 Distressed set.

After die cutting the masking paper, I used the negative (using the outside of the cutout) to mask off the card front.  Using Hero Arts Field Greens ink, I inked the opening along the edges.  I then added a little Distress ink Peeled Paint to add a little interest.  I stamped the word congratulations in Momento Tuxedo Black, from My Sentiments Exactly Graduation Innies and Outies.

Before peeling off the mask, I inserted the cut out back in place.  When I peeled off the outside mask, the inside (positive die cut) was in perfect position.  This one tip alone was worth the class price!

Using WPlus9 Spring Blooms, I stamped several different flowers and leaves around the masked off area.  When I peeled off the mask, I discovered that some of the mask stuck to the card, and spent several minutes carefully rubbing off the remaining mask residue.

The card looked like it was missing something, so I stamped a couple of more flowers with Memories Mango ink, used the matching die to cut them out, and popped them up on the card with foam tape. I'm considering adding a few enamel dots to add a little something more, but haven't decided if that would just be too much, or just right.  I'll give myself a couple of days to think it over.


No comments: