Thursday, November 09, 2017

More cards from the October Flavor of the Month Kit


After making the cards from Collection 1, which I wasn't particularly fond of, I made a couple of cards from Collection 2.  This Collection had my favorite paper in it, so I used it in my cards.  I really liked how these cards came out!  I used Sketch 2, more or less, when I made these cards.  I used a piece of the red card stock that was included in the kit for the background, leaving a little of the white card base showing around the edges.  I cut the patterned paper 3 inches by 4.25 inches, and centered it on the red.  I used added some of the gold glitter tape that was included in the Banana Split kit along the bottom of the card front.  I stamped a sentiment from the add on stamp set in the Banana Split kit on a circle cut from a scrap of white card stock, and used a scrap of green from my stash to cut a scallop circle to mat the sentiment.  I attached it with foam tape to the card front.




I liked how the card turned out so much, I used the same sketch for my next cards from Collection 3.This time, I turned the card base to make a top fold card, and used two papers from the Collection on the front.  I stamped the otter image and sentiment from the stamp set that was a part of the Collection, and colored with my Copic markers.  I  used some of the included green card stock to make the scalloped circle matting behind it.



I think these turned out pretty nicely, too.  My husband even thought these were cute.  All in all, pretty happy with the cards I made today!

No comments: