Wednesday, March 18, 2015

First card for Day 3--Fold out window














Lots of great ideas in today's class.  The first video, by Jennifer, really inspired me!
I used a flower type die, and cut a window in the folded card fronts.  I stamped a sentiment from Art Impressions Laughing Set on the front right.

















On the inside I used the figure from that set, along with a sentiment from the Art Impressions Party Girls set.  I think it turned out pretty nice.  I had a few problems, but I don't think they're all that noticeable in the finished card.  This is going to be a birthday card for a girlfriend I've had for over 55 years, and the sentiment describes us to a T!

13 comments:

joyceglee said...

What a fun card! I just love those Art Impressions stamps and the cutout folded card was a perfect vehicle for yours.

Unknown said...

I love this so much! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face. Wonderful card.

Marj said...

I really appreciate your comments--thanks so much!

Luckysmom said...

Those stamps are so fun. great job.

Carol H. said...

What a fun and cute card! I'm sure your friend will love it!

Tracy said...

This is so cute. Great job. Jennifer inspired me also. Such a fun technique.

Lisa T said...

loving that stamp! great card.

Marj said...

Thanks for your comments! I think my friend will get a big kick out of it!

Pam from Maine said...

Love this stamp and you've shown me another really cute way to use it. Thank you

Msteelee said...

So cute! Now I know what else I can do with that stamp set - thanks for the inspiration.

Marj said...

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate all of them!
MarjR

Ros Crawford said...

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ... So kind of you. I love your cards and your flap card is brilliant!

Marj said...

Thanks for your comments, Ros! I thought your cards were great!