Sunday, March 22, 2015

Cards from Day 2

I decided to try Yana's idea of using the negative image for my card front. I dug out the few floral dies I had, and laid them out on my card front.

 I also thought I'd try to put the craft foam behind it first, and cut them both out at the same time.  It sort of worked, but not very well.  If I try it again, I will make the foam the same size as the front, or make more of an effort to keep the  dies only on the parts of the front that has the foam behind it, as some of the dies were too close to the edge, and caused a few wrinkles in the card front.

After putting the image on the card base, I was not pleased at all.  I then stamped through the die cuts with the matching stamps, which I liked better.

Looking at  the die cuts I had left, I decided to use Kristina's idea from Day 4, and used them to make another card.

I really enjoyed trying out new ideas, and I'm sure I will do better the next time I make this kind of attempt!

No comments: