Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Easter Cards for the grandkids

Used my Simon Says Stamp March 2017 Card Kit to make some Easter cards.  The kit this month included some fun items I hadn't used before, so my first card  was trying out the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.  This was an interesting experience.  The mousse feels a little slick when you're applying it, but goes on fairly easily.  I applied it through the flowered egg-shaped stenciled that was included, using all three of the included colors (Pure Platinum, Aquamarine, and Peony Pink).



It wasn't perfect, but almost, which is really saying something about ease of use right from the get go.

I cut the white card stock down, leaving enough room for the sentiment (from the included stamp set), which I stamped in Momento Black.

The background is one of the papers that was also included in the kit.





My next card was fairly simple.  I used a sheet of the included paper for the background.  I stamped the bunny and sentiments in Versa Fine Black ink on Neenah Solar White card stock.  I used my new zig markers (I know, I'm a little late in trying out these markers). I didn't bother with much shading, but think it came out pretty nice.

 I then fussy cut half of the bunny before attaching it to the front.  I think my granddaughter will like it. 

No comments: