Thursday, March 23, 2017

Creating with a color challenge

Alyse, Becky, and I, decided to use a color theme for our card making day this month.  The colors were light yellow, straw yellow, mustard yellow, deep orange and a deep red.  We were to use as many of these colors as we could as we made our cards.

I started off using my new Distress Oxide inks of Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber, and Spiced Marmalade.  I stamped a couple of bowls, and a spoon, along with a dotted border from the My Favorite Things November 2016 Card Kit--Kitschy Kitchen.  When it arrived I put it away because of the holidays, and basically forgot about it.  When I found it again a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to use it as I really liked it.  I made a card and was fairly pleased with the layout, but for some reason it just didn't grab me.  After looking at it, and thinking about it, I decided it just wasn't bright enough for such a fun stamp set!

I redid the card, using the Catherine Pooler inks of Tiara, Orange Twist and Rockin' Red.  I used Momento Black for the sentiment, as I did in the first card. I deleted the spoon, and added an additional bowl.   I also added yellow card stock for the first layer.  This card I really liked!  It just pops, and the colors complement the fun bowls!


































I also made coordinating envelopes.  I think they turned out pretty cute!


No comments: