Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Masculine Card

I received the Simon Says Stamp August kit several weeks ago, and finally decided to make some cards from it.  I started with a  thinking of you card, and wanted it to be suitable for either a man or woman.
I used one of my pre-made card bases (I make a bunch at a time out of heavy white card stock from Michael's).  Using the kraft card stock from the kit, I blended the chipped sapphire distress ink over it.  There were several different resist designs included on the card stock that came with the kit, but the distressed looking dots were the one I chose.
I cut it out at 2.25 X 4.25 inches, and then matted it with the red card stock from the kit cut to 2.75 X 4.75.
Using the "thinking of" and the dots and stars stamps, I stamped them in the chipped sapphire.  I used the festive berries distress ink to stamp the word you on a 1.75 X 3 inch scrap of white card stock, and then matted it in the same red ( cut 2.25 X 3.5 inches) I matted the kraft card in.
The kraft unit was glued directly to the card base, while the sentiment was attached with foam tape for a little dimension.

It still looks a little plain to me, so I will be adding some enamel dots in red and blue as soon as I find them again.  

No comments: