Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Online Card Classes--Holiday Style Day One--Clean and Simple

 Love the Online Card Classes I've taken so far, and this one is shaping up to be another.

The first class was clean and simple, and I liked the technique Julie used for her trees.  While she made it a one layer card, I had the Tim Holtz Crazy Birds stamps with matching dies, and wanted to try them out.

I masked a snow hill on the bottom of the card front, then colored the sky with Simon Says Stamp steel blue ink, using a stipple brush to, I hope, look like a swirling snowy sky.  I then stamped a tree (from Hero Arts Sending Holiday Cheer stamp set) several different times,  using first and second generation stamping to get color variations.  I was hoping to give the card the illusion of distance for some of the trees.

After stamping, coloring, and die stamping a bird, I stamped and colored a Santa hat and candy cane, also from Tim Holtz. Since I don't have the dies for this set (yet), I was forced to cut out by hand.  I'm not good at this, and the die set is definitely going on my Christmas list!!

I glued the hat and candy cane to the bird, then glued it to the front of the card front I had made. I stamped the sentiment from Tim Holtz on the front, and used a sentiment from the Hero Arts stamp set--may your home be filled with the joys of the season--for the inside.  The sentiments were stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black.

The front was trimmed to 5 1/4 by 4 inches, and was then attached to the card front. 




No comments: